Frequently Asked Questions
How do I go about getting my HT licence?
- You must have held a full NZ Class 1 (car) licence for at least 6 months.
- Study your general and heavy vehicle road code - if you need coaching with this, just ask us.
- Visit your doctor and have a medical done.
Note: it is only valid for 60 days.
- Visit a licensing agency e.g. AA, VTNZ or VINZ and apply for a Class 2L (Learner) Licence - you will need to present the medical certificate (unless you have presented one in the last 5 years) and pass a theory test.
- Once you have your 2L, enrol for our Class 2 Approved Licence Course.
- When you successfully complete the course take the certificate we give you to a licensing agency, fill out the form, pay the fees and you will get your Class 2 licence.
- Talk to us about moving through to Class 4 and 5.
What do I need to be to operate a forklift?
- To meet Health and Safety requirements you need to be trained - usually by completing a WorkSafe NZ approved course such as the TR Master Drive Services Forklift course.
Do I need a licence to drive a forklift?
- You need an F endorsement to drive a Forklift on a road or any site that the public can access.
- To operate a Forklift in other situations we recommend completing our OSH Forklift course as a minimum.
Do we do WINZ quotes?
- Yes - we are happy to provide you with a quote.
Do we do training for car licences?
- We only do car licencing to support our clients with truck fleets as part of our customer care programme.
How can I pay for my course?
- You can pay by Cash, Direct Credit or Credit Card
How long do I have to get my new or renewal licence endorsement on my licence?
- Up to 60 days – otherwise you will need to sit and pay for the course again.
How long is a Dangerous Goods (DG) course?
- A full (new) course is normally one day.
- A renewal course is normally 2 to 3 hours.
How long are our other courses?
- Go to each course listed on our web site where all course durations are detailed.
Do TR Master Drive Services run courses in my area?
- We have branches throughout NZ and we also frequently travel to clients own sites to conduct training.
- If we don't have an office near you, talk to us about running a course at your business.
Do we have advanced driving courses?
- We have a mix of courses to suit new and experienced operators.
- Our light vehicle courses are designed to coach existing drivers to be more aware and drive more safely and comply with the laws of the road.
- Our heavy vehicle courses are for both learners and experienced drivers needing refreshers or coaching.
Will successful completion of TR Master Drive Services courses result in NZQA qualifications?
- Many of our courses are geared to support NZQA unit standard qualifications – check the details of each course.
How much does the course I want to do cost?
- Just click on the course details and for our common courses our fees will be included.
- If not included, please contact us via the web site contact function, email or phone us for a quote.
- We are happy to provide quotes for groups or tailored programmes.