Forklift Mounted Safety Platform
Why do Forklift Training with TR Master Drive Services?
To produce an operator who has a sound understanding of how to use a forklift mounted safety platform and who can demonstrate safe operating practices in its use in the workplace.
You will be professionally trained by qualified and experienced instructors.
- Train at one of our nationwide facilities or your own venue.
To produce a Forklift Operator who has a sound understanding of how to use a forklift mounted safety platform and who can demonstrate safe operating practices in its use in the workplace.
Course Structure and Duration
Theory and practical - approximately ½ day.
- Forklift Operator OSH certification.
- Trainee must hold a current OSH Approved Forklift Operator Certificate of Training - which must be not older than 3 years.
Content and Outcome
This course addresses Unit Standard 18409 (Use a forklift mounted safety platform in the workplace) with all outcomes being measured / assessed against this:
Forklift Operators credited with this unit standard are able to:
- Identify a powered industrial lift truck (PILT) safety cage and prepare to use a safety platform for a specified task on a worksite.
- Complete pre-operational checks, and fit and remove safety platform to and from a PILT.
- Use a PILT fitted with a safety platform to complete work at heights.
Instructor vs Trainee ratio
One instructor to a maximum of 10 trainees.
On satisfactory completion trainees receive:
- TR Master Drive Services certificate confirming that the trainee has met the course requirements.
- Registration of credits on NZQA framework.