Practical Training Programmes:
The Driver Proficiency Evaluation©
Why do a Driver Proficiency Evaluation with TR Master Drive Services?
A vehicle used for work purposes is considered to be a Workplace - this programme assists employers in meeting their Workplace Safety obligations.
You will be professionally trained by qualified and experienced instructors.
- Train at one of our nationwide facilities or your own venue.
TR Master Drive Services has developed this programme specifically for use with drivers of Corporate and Fleet vehicles.
This unique course is designed to:
- Establish a benchmark for driver proficiency.
- Improve driver awareness.
- Encourage the development of safe driving practices.
- Recommend corrective measures to improve driving performance.
- Assist with meeting employer obligations under WorkSafe NZ Health and Safety regulations.
- Identify potential savings in fleet operating costs through:
- Routine driver inspection and maintenance of vehicles.
- Compliance with legal requirements.
- Instituting driving practices that reduce wear and tear.
- Reducing insurance and crash/incident repair costs.
- Creating improved public and client perception of delivery and company performance.
- Providing a permanent, ongoing record of driver performance.
Course Structure and Content
This assessment is normally carried out over a set route. The route needs to reflect the environment that the driver normally operates in. The assessment includes coaching as required and on conclusion the driver is fully debriefed.
During the assessment a total of 17 driver performance sections are evaluated. Drivers are rated as either having "Achieved" or "Not Achieved" on each section. Each unsatisfactory section indicates a potential loss factor to your company/organisation.
A comprehensive report is provided to the client’s organisation.
This assessment will take approximately 1.5 hours, which includes coaching as required and on conclusion the driver is fully debriefed.
What is Excluded
Use of vehicle is not included (Vehicle can be provided at an additional cost if required)