TR Master Drive Services provides quality education, training and assessment programmes for drivers, operators, instructors and assessors throughout New Zealand.
Who are we?
We are team of passionate trainers focused on improving Safety and Compliance and reducing Vehicle Operating Costs for our clients.
We do this by offering world class education, training, coaching, and assessment programmes for drivers, operators, instructors and assessors throughput New Zealand
Our business began in 1992 and is now 100% owned by TR Group Ltd, New Zealand’s leading heavy vehicle Rental and Lease Company.
We are a professional training provider to operators of heavy vehicles (including buses), light fleet vehicles, forklifts, specialist vehicles and plant and the warehousing and distribution sectors.
We also offer instructor training for people wishing to become licenced driving instructors and / or heavy vehicle in-house trainers, along with assessor training for those working toward a workplace assessor qualification.
We have a nationwide network of branches, and we also frequently travel to complete clients training at their own facility / depots.
We currently have branches located in -
- Mt Maunganui
- New Plymouth
- Palmerston North
Our Programmes cover:
TR Master Drive Services training programmes cover a wide range of licensing and non-licensing courses including:
- Driver Licensing requirements (NZTA approved)
- NZQA National Certificates
- Industry specific training
- Fatigue Management
- Ministry of Transport SAFED training requirements
- Work Safe New Zealand requirements
- EPA Approved Handler/Filler requirements
- Warehouse and Distribution industry training requirements
Our Accreditations and Relationships
TR Master Drive Services is -
- Registered and accredited as a private training establishment (PTE) – Category 1 (highest level) by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) under the Education Act 1989 and its subsequent amendments.
- Registered as a training provider with the New Zealand Transport Agency, licensed as current Driving Instructors for light and heavy motor vehicles
- Works with a number of Industry Training Organisations and are a Preferred Driver Training Provider to the Road Transport Association New Zealand.
- A member of TRANZNET - a professional association of transport trainers in Australia and New Zealand
- A member of the Log Transport Safety Council, Road Transport Association New Zealand (RTANZ), National Road Carriers (NRC), and NZ Trucking.
- Workplace assessors registered with a number of Industry Training Organisations including MITO and Connexis.
- Authorised to conduct New Zealand Transport Agency approved licence courses for heavy vehicles, dangerous goods, passenger vehicles, vehicle recovery, forklifts, wheels, tracks, and rollers, and driving instructors.
- Registered with Competenz ITO and WorkSafe NZ as a Forklift Training instructor
- Registered with EPA as Test Certifiers for HSNO Approved Handlers / Fillers
- Sponsor of the New Zealand Truck Driving Competition.