Practical Training Programmes:
Towing a Light Trailer
Why do a Towing a Light Trailer Programme with TR Master Drive Services?
This course has been designed to enhance a driver’s understanding of loading and towing practices when towing a light trailer.
You will be professionally trained by qualified and experienced instructors.
- Train at one of our nationwide facilities or your own venue.
- To provide sound understanding of loading and towing practices.
- To ensure the driver can demonstrate those practices in a practical setting.
Course Structure and Duration
- Short theory session followed by practical.
- Approximately 3 to 4 hours (maximum 8 to 10 trainees per instructor).
Course Numbers and Vehicles
The programme is designed for groups of eight to ten people with at least one vehicle per two attendees supplied by the client.
The course content addresses the following:
- Legal requirements.
- What your trailer must have.
- Pre trip checks.
- How much can you tow safely.
- Trailer maintenance.
- Loading safely.
- Securing the load.
- Load over hang - load dimensions.
- Safe towing practices.
- Driving around a set circuit.