Light Utility Vehicle (LUV)
Why do a Light Utility Vehicle (LUV) training programme with TR Master Drive Services?
- You will be professionally trained by qualified and experienced instructors
- Train at one of our nationwide facilities or your own venue
If required, TR Master Drive Services can develop courses to meet specific needs.
To ensure that operators understand and can demonstrate basic knowledge and practical application relating to:
- The characteristics and operations of Light Utility Vehicles.
- Operating a Light Utility Vehicle with due regard to the safety of the:
- Driver and passengers.
LUV courses are normally one-day courses which include theory and practical sessions.
Maximum numbers for one instructor is 8 operators - with at least one LUV per two people. LUV are to be supplied by the client.
- LUV courses normally include 2 hours of theory and 6 – 7 hours of introductory practical training. Trainees must then provide verification completed by a supervisor or department head of a minimum 10 hours LUV operation
- Courses can be unit standard or non-unit standard based. If unit standard based, then units would be selected in consultation with the client.
- In addition to these options, TR Master Drive Services Ltd can develop courses to meet specific needs of clients.
Operators should be equipped with basic protective gear:
- Helmets, gloves, sturdy footwear and long trousers (jeans are acceptable) with long sleeved shirts as a minimum for upper body wear.
- LUV to be supplied by the client
Our standard course includes both theory and practical sessions and covers the following unit standards
- US 24556 Demonstrate knowledge of safe operation of a Light Utility Vehicle. 3 credits
- US 24558 Drive a Light Utility Vehicle on hilly ground. 4 credits
- US 24560 Drive a Light Utility Vehicle with trailed equipment (optional). 3 credits
- US 24562 Drive a Light Utility Vehicle with mounted equipment or a load. 3 credits.
- US 24553 Drive a Light Utility Vehicle on flat terrain. 4 credits.
Additional unit standards can be added as required. This may impact course cost and duration.
- A maximum of 8 people are able to attend each course. Pricing may vary depending on clients unit standard and training requirements.
- Fees include unit standard registration