"D" Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road
Why do a Transport of Dangerous Goods course with TR Master Drive Services?
This course is designed to teach drivers, loaders and handlers how to transport and handle dangerous goods legally and safely.
You will be professionally trained by qualified and experienced instructors.
- Train at your place of work or one of our nationwide facilities.
The aim of this course is to:
- To provide drivers with the knowledge and skills required to safely and legally transport dangerous goods by road.
- To provide other people working in the road transport industry, such as loaders working with dangerous goods, with the knowledge and skills to do so.
- To enable drivers to apply for a "D" driver licence endorsement on successful completion of the course requirements.
Full and Renewal
- The course is available as a “Full” course for first time trainees and a “Renewal” for those renewing their “D”.
- Dangerous Goods “D” Licence endorsements are valid for 5 years and must be renewed within 12 months of expiry.
- Meets requirements of Unit Standard 16718 (Demonstrate and apply knowledge of law and practice for the transport of Dangerous Goods by road).
- Successful completion of the course enables you to apply for the 'D' endorsement on your licence
- Takes approximately 1 day and covers theory only – there is no practical.
- Covers Driver Licence “D” Endorsement. You must present a current NZ licence with a "D" endorsement recorded that has expired by no more than 12 months
- Takes approximately 2 to 3 hours and covers theory only – there is no practical.
- Click here to book renewal course
We can complete training at one of our nationwide training facilities or at your own site.
What happens when I pass the course?
- Take the certificate we give you to a licensing agency (e.g. AA, VTNZ or VINZ) and apply for a D Endorsement (Fees apply).
- YOU MUST present this within 60 days - otherwise you will have to pay for and re-sit the course again
IMPORTANT: You cannot drive with just the certificate - it is not a licence.
Course Fees – Scheduled courses at one of our nationwide branches
- Full course - $256.52 + GST per person ($295 including GST).
- Includes NZQA credit registration fees for Full course.
- Does not include Driver licence fees for “D” endorsement.
- Drivers must have a minimum of a NZ Class 1 (car) Learner Licence.
- For Renewals drivers must have a NZ licence and have previously had a “D” endorsement that has expired by no more than 12 months.
- Course numbers are normally restricted to 10 trainees.
All trainees receive and work from our “Operators Handbook for the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road” – a professionally produced comprehensive training resource with illustrations.