"D" Transport of Dangerous Goods
by Road - Renewal
Why do a Transport of Dangerous Goods course with TR Master Drive Services?
This course is designed to teach drivers, loaders and handlers how to transport and handle dangerous goods legally and safely.
You will be professionally trained by qualified and experienced instructors.
- Train at your place of work or one of our nationwide facilities.
The aim of this course is to:
- To provide drivers with the facility to renew their 'D' endorsement for another five years.
Full and Renewal
- The course is available as a “Full” course for first time trainees and a “Renewal” for those renewing their “D”.
- Dangerous Goods “D” Licence endorsements are valid for 5 years and must be renewed on expiry.
- Covers Driver Licence “D” Endorsement. You must present a current NZ licence with a "D" endorsement recorded that has expired by no more than 12 months
- Takes approximately 2 to 3 hours and covers theory only – there is no practical.
We can complete training at one of our nationwide training facilities or at your own site.
What happens when I pass the course?
- Take the certificate we give you to a licensing agency (e.g. AA, VTNZ or VINZ) and apply for a D Endorsement (Fees apply).
- YOU MUST present this within 60 days - otherwise you will have to pay for and re-sit the course again
IMPORTANT: You cannot drive with just the certificate - it is not a licence.
Course Fees – Scheduled courses at one of our nationwide branches
- Renewal - $169.57 + GST per person ($195 including GST).
- Must have a current full licence. Minimum of a New Zealand Class 1 with a 'D' endorsement that has expired for no more than 12 months.
All trainees receive and work from our “Operators Handbook for the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road” – a professionally produced comprehensive training resource with illustrations.